This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Scott Garland and Timothy Heschke (“Property Owners”) and Guests & Family/ Friends (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the page one of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of the Guest and number of people listed.
2. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 6 people in the Cabins and 8 people in the Lodge. An additional charge of $35.00 daily per person for the guest that is over maximum occupancy.
3. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at 3:00 pm on check-in date and ends at 10:00 am on check out date.
4. Rental Rules: The guests agree to abide by the Rental Rules attached to page one at all times while staying at Cornerstone Cabins & Lodge and shall cause all members of the guest and anyone the guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner’s access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowners shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Cancellation Policy: If a guest wishes to cancel his/her reservations, they will need to contact Cornerstone Cabins & Lodge. If the guest cancels before the 30 days of check-in, he/she will receive a full refund and have to pay a processing fee of $ 35.00. If a guest cancels within the 30 days of check-in, he/she will not receive a refund but we will allow the guest to move their dates to another time with on one year to the original booking. If not rebooked in one year the guest forfits their funds.
9. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the buildings. Smoking is allowed outside the buildings but please uses the provided ashtrays.
10. NO Candles, Incense, or any other flammable or open fire allowed in the Cabins, suite, and Lodge at all as this could cause a fire.
11. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the cabins or lodge. Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
12. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others who they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in Good Condition. The guest will be charged to replace damaged property.
6. Only uses appliances for their intended uses.
7. Pets are permitted only with prior approval. Pets are not to exceed more than 2 pets per rental unit. Pets are to be under 60llbs. The guest must keep all pets on a leash at all times when outside and when the guest leaves the premises, the pets must be put in a cage. The guest must pick up after their pets use the bathroom. If the guest refuses to pick up after their pet, there will be a $ 100.00 fine. Failure to accuratley report your pets the guest will be charged the pet fee with out notice from the owners.
8. Parking is limited to two vehicles per cabin or the lodge. Vehicles are to be parked in the designated parking areas only. Parking in the middle of the road is not permitted. Please keep all vehicles off the grass and off the hill (septic system).
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the units, daily maid service is not included. We suggest you bring your own shampoos and soaps as we provide sample small amounts. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
Checking- out: please place all towels and linens in a pile on the bathroom floor. Please place all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start the dishwasher. Please make sure that the fireplace is set to OFF and that all lights, ceiling fans, and ac units are off. In doing this, will help the housekeeper's check-in guest faster.
Please place all trash in the designated area. The Cabin area is on the deck behond the doors. The Lodge is the back of the property. If the Guest finds they have excessive garbage during their stay. The guest is responsible to take their garbage to the local dump.
10. Hot Tub is NOT available to the Guests. The Hot Tub is in the process of being removed form the property. Guests are here by advised to not utulize the hot tub. The prperty owners are not resposnible for the guests failure to follow this policy.
11. Fireplace: The fireplace is a non-vented propane gas log fired firebox. Please do not set anything on or around the fireplace. The fireplaces are turned off from the thermostat. Please do not sleep with the fireplace on or do not leave the fireplace on when you are not in the Cabin or Lodge as this could cause a fire.
12. Fire Pit: Please do not create a huge fire and please pick up any garbage that you leave near or around the property. Cornerstone does not supply wood. Wood can be pirchased at the area grocery stores, Lowes hardware store and gas stations.
13. Ponds: Please DO NOT swim in the ponds. Please DO NOT fish in the ponds. Please do not feed the fish. Please DO NOT walk on the spill-way. Please DO NOT throw any rocks or grass into the ponds. Please be careful when walking around the ponds, the grass can be slippery. Absalutely no walking in any level of ice cover on the pond. The guest as solely responsible for any injuries endured by failure to adgere to water safety.
14. Water and Septic: The Cabins and Lodge are on a well and septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it’s found that feminine products have been flushed and clogged the septic system, you could be charged for the damages. Do not flush papertowels.
15. Weather: We cannot guarantee what the weather will be like during your stay at Cornerstone Cabins and Lodge. No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; four-wheel drive, all- wheel-drive and chains are REQUIRED during winter months. Visiting some places around Cornerstone Cabins and Lodge require either four-wheel drive or chains on your tires to access that place (such as Beech Mountain and Sugan Mountain). Cornerstone owners are not responisble for stalled or stuck vehicles on the property. Vehicles will be towed at the owners expense. Guests are solely responsible to be knowledgeable and prepared for the Mountain winter weather of ice, snow and high winds. We do not refund due to road conditions.The Cornerstone owners are not responsible for the guests failure to adhere to the weather policy.
16. The Cabins and Lodge are equipped with shovels and salt. The guests are responsible to mainatin their rental property to be free of snow and ice build up.
17. The owners of Cornerstone take pride in the beautiful property and a peacful stay for the guests. It is required that all guests respect the property as well as the fellow geusts on the property. Failure to follow the above policies and failure to provide a respectful and a violant free demeanor will result in an immediate removal from the peoperty. Failure to follow the policies will result in the guest not being allowed to return to the Cornerstone Proerty.